Chief Lloyd T. Collins welcomes you to South Lyon, Michigan. Members of the South Lyon Police Department provide police services with a community policing philosophy to approximately 11,000 residents, as well as to those who visit or pass through our community. Contact Chief Collins with questions about the operation or administration of the South Lyon Police Department.
The South Lyon Police Department currently has one open Police Officer position and will be accepting applications until December 21, 2018.
Applicant requirements for position of Police Officer
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years of age
- No criminal record
- Acceptable driving record
- Free from any physical or mental impairments that would prevent applicant from performing all of the normal duties required of a Police Officer
- Successful completion of a Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Police Academy
- Successful completion of an Associates Degree or equivalent number of college credit hours (60 hours minimum)
Testing of qualified applicants is held periodically. Qualified applicants will be notified by mail.